Monday, July 6, 2009

Do we need to be vegetarian?

Why people even consider to be vegetarian or semi-vegetarian? It's a choice I guess and the answer is to me that they see something others don't...for better or worse, depends how you look at it.

As for me, giving up red meats was not in my gender at all. I loved them so much, but my mum kept saying to me that we've been eating dead body or meat I should say ,although she's far from being vegetarian. I did not know what it meant at that time but for some reasons it always hang in in my mind to find out more about it.

As a result I heard pastor defined the meaning of red meat and fish/seafood. Red meat temperature is hotter than our body, so when it enters our body, it becomes cooler and therefore it's difficult to be digested. Or else seafoods are the other way around, that's why some people still eating seafoods but not red meats as part of their vegetarian diets, including me. When I became vegetarian, I just feel the energy that flow to my body is triple or more than usual. My body and mind tell me that I am ready to do anything as supposed I used to feel tired so easily. Based on that, then I thought this diet must have done something good to my body and soul. People search high and low just to increase their energy, where to me just by starting to change my diets simply change the whole perspective of how important what goes in to my body. This is not the only health quick fix, regular exercise and psychology have to be improved as well.

To me becoming vegetarian brought me 3 things: first, proved me that if someone wants something, she/he can do it with courage, forget about the world, what people might say or think, who care? After all, this is my LIFE!

Secondly, from there, I suddenly found my inner power, therefore, I did my further 7 days detox with only juices from veggies and fruits, then '14-Day Juice Cleanse' for 2nd round now. I lost my fare bit of weight which is great also the most important thing is I found clarity of life. Clarity to be able to find strength when I am weak and power to be distributed to various areas in my life in positive ways. Bring the whole family into different perspective of how we see life through foods.

Third, because of being vegetarian for the first time, I had issues of lacking the variety of foods choices, from that moment is actually my turning point of becoming more creative of foods exploration. See more things I did not appreciate before. I found my passion, I can forget anything while I am creating, it's like meditating, even house works are piling up waiving for my attention. Many new recipes after another, find out more about the power of foods in general!

My friends are always ask me that 'why' question, well, after reading much above, my personal opinion is "Try it or else you don't believe how much you know!".

Please drop some of your experiences or opinions to be shared with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
----------------------