Sunday, July 4, 2010

8/14 of 'Juice Cleanse': Productive

“Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks” (Warren Buffett)

So true, devoting our energy is very essential as to where you're going to spend the energy to. Like last night, I was invited to sit and had a dinner with bunch of good friends after a hard working days, weeks, and months to prepare for these big piano competitions. Then, we ended up celebrated and congratulated the 'Master' behind the event who was Mr. Lee (our kids's tutor) for his hard work and dedication.

I can have 2 options here where to avoid the 'hassle' and just went home (also hubby had appointment close to the time, as an excuse ;-)), or I would join and have fun together.
My decision was definitely to go and have fun, I would regret it if I didn't go as it turned out to be very closed and fun dinner together.

Everyone, started asking me as to whether it would be a better idea if I just stayed at home rather than facing and smelling those delicate and delicious foods in front of me?

What did I think? Yeah, I was thinking about it for awhile, because they are so true, and yet, I was the only one among 19 people were munching those foods, sitting there and did not mind at all. In fact, I got out with lotssss of inspirations from those foods as to what meals I can produce based from the ideas I'd seen that day...that's amazing! I was so excited as I looked carefully of each of those dishes (as I helped hubby to scoop meals to see what's inside of the ingredients smelled his food sometimes,haha, I know it's hilarious) and my brain just went wild of what to cook later!

Why?

Because I devoted (well now I understand more after I read the quote) my energy to something else that was more productive than just being not happy because I can't taste the foods. You can only experience it when you do it yourself! No one will tell you what happened (apart from being tempted & hungry), and if the book says so, you probably still don't understand or wouldn't do it at all because it's too challenging.

Challenge yourself to do harder work (that's always my philosophy, well..not always works, at least I'm willing to learn). Get out from your comfort zone, and base on this experience, I can tell you that you will discover yourself deeper and LOVE yourself more!

Why did not I feel hungry?

Because I brought along my juice and sipped it occasionally. But the main thing is that, you've never know what strength or what you're capable of doing (like kids who you don't know sometimes what they're thinking of until they produce such a talent) until you start doing something, push yourself harder, lots of perseverance knowing that this is good for you, prayer helps heaps, and look for other benefits around it, by that time, I supposed you're already doing half way through.

This is just the idea of food I came out when I have nothing to cook, and the result was still more delicious than the pizza we normally buy out. Enjoy!




My last word of encouragement to you all (and to myself) is 'to keep persisting in or remaining constant to a purpose.

Also thanks be to GOD for allowing me to go through this process with Him!

Go to your destiny! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
----------------------